A weekly roundup of headlines relevant to restaurants and bars brought to you by Dashy Dash.
March 2, 2021
Click here to subscribe to our email list and get industry news, insights and updates sent directly to you.
1. House Passes $1.9 Trillion 'American Rescue Plan' Which Includes $25 Billion in Restaurant Relief - NRN: Link
2. Some SF Restaurant Workers Can’t Prove Vaccine Eligibility. Is an ‘Honor System’ the Answer? - Eater: Link
3. Restaurant-Software Provider Toast Prepares for IPO- WSJ: Link
4. Will Restaurants Screen Guests for Vaccination? - Food & Wine: Link
5. New Yorkers Can Dine Indoors Again. Will They? - NYT: Link
1. House Passes $1.9 Trillion 'American Rescue Plan' Which Includes $25 Billion in Restaurant Relief
The plan includes grants up to $5 million for eligible independent restaurants, helping cover operating expenses from February 15, 2020, through December 31, 2021. Link
2. Some SF Restaurant Workers Can’t Prove Vaccine Eligibility. Is an ‘Honor System’ the Answer?
Advocates say restaurant workers shouldn’t be required to provide proof to get the shot as some can’t provide pay stubs or other forms of documentation. Link
3. Restaurant-Software Provider Toast Prepares for IPO
4. Will Restaurants Screen Guests for Vaccination?
The TSA-screening app CLEAR is ramping up its Health Pass, a service that tracks users’ vaccination records and COVID test results. Here's what that could mean for the hospitality industry. Link
5. New Yorkers Can Dine Indoors Again. Will They?
New York City is again allowing indoor dining at reduced capacity, but many are wary — and the policy is no panacea for the struggling restaurant industry, either. Link
If you want more industry-relevant content sent straight to your inbox, join our mailing list.
About Dashy Dash
Our mission is to make it easier for restaurants and bars to not just survive, but thrive. We do it by helping restaurant and bar owners access and share information to make better decisions.
We help restaurants...
-Store invoices and automatically categorize their spend down to the line item.
-Compare prices across vendors.
-Benchmark their costs and menus in order to find new ways to grow...
And it's free for our pilot customers. Join Today