A weekly roundup of headlines relevant to restaurants and bars brought to you by Dashy Dash.
February 25, 2021
Click here to subscribe to our email list and get industry news, insights and updates sent directly to you.
1. Delivery-only restaurant brands see pandemic-fueled growth - AP: Link
2. Prior business relationships influence PPP coronavirus lending, study finds - CFO Dive: Link
3. Stumped by COVID-19, Food Halls Find Refuge in Virtual Spaces - QSR: Link
4. N.Y. Restaurant Fires Waitress Who Wouldn’t Get Covid-19 Vaccine - NYT: Link
1. Delivery-only restaurant brands see pandemic-fueled growth
Over the last year, delivery-only brands have seen explosive growth as the pandemic made delivery a more popular option. Big restaurant chains are now joining the fray, hoping to win new customers as traffic in their dining rooms dwindles. Link
2. Prior business relationships influence PPP coronavirus lending, study finds
A business with a previous lending relationship enjoyed a 57% greater chance of obtaining a PPP loan, with 75% of "relationship-borrowers" gaining a loan compared with only 18% of "non-relationship firms" doing so. Link
3. Stumped by COVID-19, Food Halls Find Refuge in Virtual Spaces
Food halls were all the rage before the pandemic, but also one of the worst business models for social distancing. Their solution? The virtual space, of course. Link
4. N.Y. Restaurant Fires Waitress Who Wouldn't Get Covid-19 Vaccine
Bonnie Jacobson, 34, said she was not necessarily opposed to getting vaccinated, but wanted to study the potential effect on fertility first. Link
If you want more industry-relevant content sent straight to your inbox, join our mailing list.
About Dashy Dash
We save restaurants time and money by automating time consuming cost management and analysis, avoiding unnecessary costs, and leveraging the combined view of our community to give you insights on products, prices, services, and additional savings opportunities.
We help restaurants...
1. Save hundreds of dollars and dozens of hours per month by eliminating invoice data entry. We store invoices and automatically categorize restaurant spend down to the line item.
2. Compare prices across vendors by revealing the average prices restaurant supply vendors are charging in you area.
3. Catch prices increases early with alerts when the prices for the items in your order guides start to rise.
Reduce your prime costs, increase your food margins, and improve your restaurant management with our cost management software. Join today, it's free for our pilot customers. Join Today