A weekly roundup of headlines relevant to restaurants and bars brought to you by Dashy Dash.
March 9, 2021
Click here to subscribe to our email list and get industry news, insights and updates sent directly to you.
1. Senate passes $1.9 trillion stimulus package, continues to House to be cleared and White House to be finalized. - NY Times: Link
2. Cautious optimism surrounds Bay Area return to indoor dining. - SF Chronicle: Link
3. 'Inclusivity Project' initiative to issue $100 million to Black-owned restaurants and businesses. - FastCasual: Link
4. World's top meat supplier sets focus on expanding offering of more plant-based options. - Bloomberg: Link
1. Senate passes $1.9 trillion stimulus package, continues to House to be passed and White House to be finalized.
The much-awaited third stimulus includes $120 billion in restaurant aid. The time frame in which aid becomes available is still unknown. Link
2. Cautious optimism surrounds Bay Area return to indoor dining.
Hesitation around dining indoors is still prevalent amongst consumers, but a rise in vaccination rates has helped ease their concerns. Link
3. California 'Inclusivity Project' initiative to issue $100 million to Black-owned businesses and entrepreneurs.
In partnership with the Northern California Small Business Development Center, the Inclusivity project looks to provide business mentorship and funding for 1000 Black entrepreneurs and Black-owned small businesses. Link
4. World's top meat supplier sets focus on expanding offering of more plant-based options.
Driven by a meteoric rise in demand for realistic meat substitutes, JBS SA looks to set up a new company focused solely on providing plant-based products. Link
If you want more industry-relevant content sent straight to your inbox, join our mailing list.
About Dashy Dash
Our mission is to make it easier for restaurants and bars to not just survive, but thrive. We do it by helping restaurant and bar owners access and share information to make better decisions.